PPT On Turbo Generators
Turbo Generators Presentation Transcript:1. So, what is special about the holy city Haridwar:-
The City Of Gateway To GOD Places of interests in Haridwar: Chandi devi Mansa devi Maya devi Har-ki-pauri Daksh mahadev temple Bharat mata mandir Sati kund Sapt rishi ashram
2. BHEL An Overview
In 1950s: At Bhopal with British collaboration 30MW &120MW hydrogen cooled. In 1960s: At Haridwar with Russian collaboration 100MW & 200MW hydrogen cooled. In1970s: At Hyderabad with Germany collaboration 60MW air cooled.
3. Principle of operation:
The a.c generators works on the principle of ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION.
4. End Plates (2 no’s per generator)
End Packets Ventilation stampings Insulating stampings ( b/w the core) Insulating studs ( b/w the sheets) Core bas Baskets (3 no’s) Compressing rings Hydraulic press Heating units.
5. Stator Stator frame
It is made up of steel iron with welding process. Stator core Silicon steel laminations are used. Ventilation is used in b/w the packets. In a typical 350 MW generator-116 packets are used (55,47,36 Si sheets in each packets)
6. Copper bar VPI windings are used. Two types of bars are used in stator. 1. Upper 2. lower Upper and lower bars are further divided into 3 categories: a) Normal bar b) Mid-phase bar c) Phase bar
7. With 3 types of bars we get total 6 terminals, which are connected in star to get 3 phases and a neutral point. These bars are connected according to SLOT-PITCH. Finally upper and lower bars are connected through BRAZING.
8. These rotor shaft are brought from the Germany. Slots are made over it. For a typical 500MW generator:- 2 groups of 14 main slots are cut. (diametrically opposite ) Damper slots are then made over it. Finally cross pole slots are made over the shaft.
9. Main slots 38 degrees from centre line, then each slots are at 8 degrees apart. Between two slots, distances are: a) 50.9mm at front. b) 36.7mm at rear. c) 196.5mm depth. Damper slots 22 deg. from centre line. Cross pole slots Breadth 10.5mm, Depth 110mm.
10. For more info. please refer our PPT. Thanks.