PPT On Palm Island
The World's Most Extreme Island PPT
Description:1. PALM ISLANDS
2. The Palm Islands (Atlantis) are an artificial archipelago in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on which major commercial and residential infrastructures will be constructed.They are being constructed by Nakheel Properties, a property developer in the United Arab Emirates.They hired Belgian and Dutch dredging and marine contractor Jan De Nul and Van Oord, some of the world's specialists inland reclamation.The islands are the Palm Jumeirah, the Palm Jebel Ali and the Palm Deira.
3. Each settlement will be in the shape of a palm tree, topped with a crescent, and will have a large number of residential, leisure and entertainment centers.
The Palm Islands are located off the coast of The United Arab Emirates in the Persian Gulf and will add 520 kilometers of beaches to the city of Dubai.
4. Among the three islands there will be over 100 luxury hotels, exclusive residential beach side villas and apartments, marinas, water theme parks, restaurants, shopping malls, sports facilities and health spas.
5. PALM JUMEIRAH
It is one of three islands called the Palm Islands.
The Palm Jumeirah is the smallest and the original of three Palm Islands.
6. The Palm Jumeirah is in the shape of a palm tree.It consists of a trunk, a crown with 16 fronds, and a surrounding crescent island that forms an 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) long breakwater. The island is 5 by 5 kilometres (3.1 by 3.1 mi) and its total area is larger than 800 football pitches.The crown is connected to the mainland by a 300-metre (980 ft) bridge and the crescent is connected to the top of the palm by a subsea tunnel.
7. According to the developer's publicity material, the Jumeirah Palm island will feature themed hotels, three types of villas (Signature Villas, Garden Homes and Canal Cove Town Homes), apartment buildings, beaches, marinas, restaurants, and a variety of retail outlets.
8. PALM JEBEL ALI
This project is 50 percent larger than the Palm Jumeirah.The project will include six marinas, a water theme park, 'Sea Village', homes built on stilts, and boardwalks that circle the "fronds" of the "palm" and spell out an Arabic poem by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Take wisdom from the wise It takes a man of vision to write on water Not everyone who rides a horse is a jockey Great men rise to greater challenges
9. PALM DEIRA
The Palm Deira is a part of the Palm Islands, Dubai.It was announced for development in October 2004.The first announced design was 8 times larger than the Palm Jumeirah, and 5 times larger than the Palm Jebel Ali, and was intended to house one million people.
10. Originally, the design called for a 14 by 8.5 kilometres (8.7 by 5.3 mi) island with 41 fronds.Due to a substantial change in depth in the Persian Gulf the farther out the island goes, the island was redesigned in May 2007.The project then became a 12.5 by 7.5 kilometres (7.8 by 4.7 mi) island with 18 larger fronds.
11. THANK YOU